Dec 9, 2009

HUE: turquoise is "in" for 2010

turquoise is "in" for 2010.

just announced by pantone today, this hue - comprised of soothing blue and invigorating green - is just what this world needs to start anew.

design-wise, turquoise terrifically pairs with a gamut of hues: neutrals, browns, reds, pinks, deep blues, greens and yellow-greens (think lime). it brings out the best in other people...i mean colors. (fun fact: many cultures believe that this stone wards off evil).

to me, it's inviting. makes me want to throw a party!

so much so that it reminded me of an inspiration board that kathryn over at snippet & ink (one of my fave blogs!) created in may 2008 for spicy cool cinco de mayo themed nuptials. wedding or not, thanks, kathryn, for the foresight.

take me away - olé!

(photo credits: pantone; snippet & ink)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails