Sep 1, 2009

cover story: "life by design"



























i am honored to be featured as the cover story in this month's newspaper magazine, Spry

distributed in millions of newspapers - big cities and small towns alike - across the county, its mission is celebrate the vitality in all of us by "sharing the joy, the power and the rewards of healthy living" + by offering inspirational advice to make it happen.

even better is that this lovely article will raise awareness for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (ocrf.org), the philanthropy i support with a portion of the proceeds from my little line of cute + cuddly 100% cotton baby togs, Fuss Frocks (fuss-frocks.com).

via my blog, you will also see i champion Trees For Life on behalf of my Spruce [décor] clients.

why these organizations? 

in memory of my muse, my mom, who succumbed to ovarian cancer at the age of 57 and who inspires - what i call - my "passion with purpose" and has given me even more reasons to give back. (learn more about my story and hers here.)

thank you, Spry, for giving me this opportunity to share. mom would be proud.



3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Lissa! Congratulations on this awesome article and receiving the accolades you deserve!


Cindy Yount
said...

Congratulations......I'm starting my morning reading your article, even before my Etsy networking. Very inspiring. ;)

http://www.cindyyount.etsy.com

lissa lowe said...

thanks!!! "labors" born out of love. lissa

Related Posts with Thumbnails